Cloud-Replatforming for Businesses
What is Cloud Replatforming?
Broadly speaking, there are three paths for cloud migration: rehosting, rearchitecting, and replatforming.
- Re-hosting is “lifting-and-shifting” an application without making significant adjustments, mostly used for large scale cloud migration saving up to 30% of cost. However, some applications are too complex or not scalable for this.
- Rearchitecting is discarding legacy applications and developing using PaaS based solutions from the ground up, but this is time-consuming and costly, and companies might not be comfortable switching to the new application.
- Re-platforming is “lift-tinker-shift”. While the core architecture stays the same, a few optimizations are done to achieve some benefits like migrating to some platform for easier database handling.
Why go for Cloud Replatforming?
of companies worldwide are on the cloud
of workloads are going to be in the cloud by end of 2021
Benefits of Cloud Replatforming
Incorporate new cloud functionalities without going through the cost and downtime of a complete overhaul.
A replatform migration is equivalent to transferring software to the cloud, but it does necessitate some application improvements to take advantage of modern cloud technology. During replatforming, there are a few common modifications that are made primarily:
- Scalable Resources – The inherent feature of scalable server resources is the most valued feature of cloud migration. This is the primary reason why applications need varying amounts of server resources to choose cloud hosting solutions’ scalable solution.
- Lower TCO – Because of the pay-as-you-go payment model, suitable for businesses who now must pay only for the services their server uses, cloud migration allows corporations to minimize both operating and capital expenditure.
- Mobility – Since a cloud service can be accessed from anywhere, users benefit from unparalleled access and ease of use. The IP whitelisting function allows users to connect to the server from anywhere in the world, regardless of the platform.
- Automation – Keeping the backend server APIs updated is a well-known cloud migration problem. The application management team does not have to worry about API and application updates during cloud migration.
- Flexible Operations – A cloud solution enables businesses to easily deploy and test applications in the cloud. Rather than manually using the app, development teams can use automated deployment options to deploy the apps without worrying about the compatibility of performance issues.
- Secure Storage Options: Cloud migration is preferred by businesses due to the highly secure storage that is accessible at a low operating cost. Furthermore, scaling can be done as required without disturbing the application’s operations. This is a great feature for companies to store data on a seasoned or periodic basis.
Deciding if your business needs Cloud Replatforming
Does your current system require constant maintenance and bug fixes? Are your clients complaining about poor online service?
The interesting thing about cloud computing is that we’ve redefined cloud computing.
Here are our thoughts on the latest in technology, and some compelling stories of our shared success.
Vendor Experience Portal for a Branding & Promotional Company
A global leader in Branding and Promotional Product industry envisioned an application to have 360 degree view of vendors. The portal built is aimed to manage, maintain, enrich, and enhance the experience of Vendor Relations.Read More →
Intuitive Shopfloor Management Mobile App for a Toy Manufacturer
The app was built for remote monitoring and controlling plastic molding machines. The need...
- 45% improvement in Production Planning Efficiency
- 3x output through optimal Resource Scheduling
- 65% reduction in unplanned downtimes
- 100% paperless manufacturing
Invoice Process Automation for a Logistics Management Company
The client wanted to automate invoice collection, read data, reconcile and approve for pay...
- 3000+ invoices handled by bots per month
- Reduced FTE for exception handling from 5 to 1
- Unattended bots operate 24*7*365
- Invoice processing time reduced from 6 mins to 30 secs
AWS Sagemaker based Computer Vision Solution for a Manufacturer
Client is required to submit the old physical devices for the new inventory fulfillment re...
- 80% efforts reduced in data annotation & labeling
- 65% time saved in ML Modelling
- 54% lower total cost of ownership
- One-click deployment to the cloud